Unit code: BA3007L
Students will focus on the exegesis of certain representative psalms. In particular students will:
- examine the origin, nature, composition, and importance of the Psalter
- learn how to classify the psalms according to their genre and function
- acquire the skills for the exegesis of psalms as ritual-theological texts
- undertake the exegesis of some individual and national laments, some individual psalms of confidence and thanksgiving, and some national psalms of thanksgiving and praise.
Alternative study level
- At least 30 credit points in Field B—Old Testament (BA)
Credit points: 15
Not available in 2017
This unit may also be studied within another discipline in consultation with the Dean.
Unit updated: 18/04/2017 8:57am