National Library and Information Week 20-26 May
28 May 2013
Library and Information Week provides the community with the opportunity to:
- find out about the wide range of services which local public and school libraries offer;
- recognise the vital role which libraries and information services play for research and education;
- recognise the contribution of specialist libraries for the work outcomes in corporations, government departments, hospitals and other institutions;
- debate our information future and government approaches to it;
- emphasise the significance of libraries in the maintenance of our history and culture at community and national levels;
- recognise the importance of library and information services as providers of services for people who may otherwise be disadvantaged by their lack of access to information and services;
- consider the role which libraries play in our local community, work and personal life.
New Book Display
22 May 2013
Newly acquired books and media items are put on display on designated shelves directly ahead as you walk into the Library. New titles can also be browsed through the website by following the New Books link which appears under Library Info at the top right hand corner of the online catalogue opening page.