Life in a Residential College
Living at ALC
ALC endeavours to create a warm and caring environment where all residents have the right to live in a safe and harmonious atmosphere.
Many advantages can be gained from living in a caring Christian community with other young people who share similar goals, lifestyles and experiences. The transitional year from secondary schooling to tertiary studies can be overwhelming and for many it means moving away from home for the first time. ALC provides a home away from home for students moving from the country, other residential facilities, from interstate or from overseas, offering community in residence.
What is provided?
Residential college accommodation at ALC includes:
- a secure, single occupancy bedroom containing spacious study area, double wardrobe, cupboards and shelves
- three meals a day, seven days a week, including a cut lunch system for those at lectures during the day, and a late dinner provision for those with late afternoon/evening lectures
- shared lounge spaces with TV and music room and a separate student centre
- access to mini-kitchens containing fridge, microwave, electric kettle, toaster and sandwich maker.
- designated male and female bathrooms
- secure 24/7 quiet study area within the ALC library
- Wi-Fi internet access
- on-site parking
- secure bike storage
- use of gym, squash court and tennis/basketball court
- laundry facilities
- support from senior students (the 'seniors')
- trained first aid personnel
See more in our ALC residential brochure