Life in a Residential College
Living at ALC
ALC endeavours to create a warm and caring environment where all residents have the right to live in a safe and harmonious atmosphere.
Many advantages can be gained from living in a caring Christian community with other young people who share similar goals, lifestyles and experiences. The transitional year from secondary schooling to tertiary studies can be overwhelming and for many it means moving away from home for the first time. ALC provides a home away from home for students moving from the country, other residential facilities, from interstate or from overseas, offering community in residence.
What is provided?
Residential college accommodation at ALC includes:
- three meals a day, seven days a week, including a cut lunch system for those at lectures during the day, and a late dinner provision for those with late afternoon/evening lectures
- all linen (except quilts and covers) supplied weekly
- laundry facilities on campus
- single bed/study rooms which include a good study area, vanity cupboard and mirror, double wardrobe and cupboard storage
- internet access points and Wi-Fi in all rooms
- separate designated female and male living areas within the residential hall
- separate communal bathrooms
- kitchenettes, to make light refreshments, containing fridge, microwave, electric kettle, toaster and snack maker
- common rooms with TV
- music room
- recreation facilities
- individual mailboxes
- secure premises
- on-site parking
- after-hours library access by application
- pastoral and peer support
See more in our ALC residential brochure