Diploma in Theology [DipTheol]
CRICOS code: 075250F (Accredited through UD)
The Diploma in Theology introduces students to the key theological disciplines of Biblical Studies and Christian Thought and History. This may be extended by further study in those disciplines or by electives in the area of practical ministry studies. It may be possible for students to undertake study in a ministry setting as part of the course.
Graduates of the Diploma in Theology
- have sound foundational skills for critical study of Christian texts
- have skills to articulate foundational theological and scriptural knowledge and reflection
- have developed clear analytical skills allowing them to analyse and communicate sound theological arguments
- apply their skills and knowledge to their own and other contexts and traditions
- apply their skills and knowledge to the service of others through practical engagement and in contexts such as conversation.
The Diploma in Theology consists of 120 points of study, comprising:
- 30 points of study in Biblical Studies (Field B)
- 30 points of study in Christian Thought and History (Field C)
- a further 60 points of study.
Units available for this award:
- Successful completion of Year 12 in an Australian secondary school, or equivalent.
- Probationary admission is available to approved persons aged 21 or greater who have not completed Year 12.
- Where the first language is other than English please see the English Language Requirements Policy and Procedures
For published information specific to this course, including the associated regulation, go to the Diploma in Theology.
ALC operates with a policy of credit transfer and recognition of prior learning (RPL); see the Course Credit Policy.
- 1 year full-time
- Not more than 4 years part-time
- Please check the study mode of the unit prior to enrolment.
- ALC offers units in a variety of study modes (also referred to as delivery modes)
Please see ALC study modes. For off campus study options see Off campus study.
Course updated: 18/12/2017 4:32pm